The Houston Chronicle Fall Bazaars & Festivals 2012
• Livingston Trade Days: Sept. 14-16, Oct. 12-14, Nov. 16-18 and Dec. 14-16 at 925 U.S. 59 bypass north in Livingston in PedigoPark. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Sponsored by the city of Livingston. Admission is free. Information: http://www.ubhookd.com or 1-877-ubhookd.
• Feast of Artisans Farmers Market (The Woodlands Mall): 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 21 at The Woodlands Mall, in the alcove between Barnes & Noble and Anthropologie, 1201 Lake Woodlands Drive in The Woodlands. Local artisans and vendors. Admission is free. Information: http://www.feastofartisans.com.
• Feast of Artisans Farmers Market: Fridays, 2-6 p.m. through Nov. 30 at Esprit International School, 4890 W. Panther Creek Drive in The Woodlands. Local artisans and vendors. Admission is free. Information: www.feastofartisans.com.
• The Art of Catching Criminals with Lois Gibson: 6:30 p.m. in Lutcher Theater, 707 Main Ave. in Orange. A presentation on forensicart sponsored by Stark Museum of Art. Admission is free. Information: http://www.starkmuseum.org.
• Giddings Swap Meet: Sunrise to sunset Friday and Saturday, sunrise to noon Sunday at Firemen’s Park. A 50-acre auto swap meet. Admission is free. Information: http://www.giddingsswapmeet.com or 512-581-2802.
• Night of Music, Dinner, Dance, Silent and Live Auction: 5:30-10 p.m. at 4920 San Jacinto St., Brno Gallery, Prague Hall. An annual benefit — arts and flowers festival sponsored by Czech Center Museum Houston. General admission is $150, $200 for reserved seating and RSVP required. Information: http://www.czechcenter.org, 713-528-2060 or email to email@example.com.
AUG. 31-SEPT. 2:
• Kerrville Wine & Music Festival: Starting at 1 p.m. Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday at Quiet Valley Ranch in Kerrville. A music festival featuring songwriters, and Texas wine and craft beer seminars and tastings. Evening concerts Friday through Sunday with five artists each night including Guy Forsyth, Ruby Jane and Cary Cooper. There also are afternoon concerts Saturday and Sunday. Sponsored by the Kerrville Folk Festival. Admission is $30-40 each night, $90 for all 3 days. Advance discounts online. Information: www.kerrvillefolkfestival.org.
• Fall Personal Development courses at Rice: Varying start dates beginning in September (registration now open) at Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. Continuing Education Courses. Early registration discounts available for many courses. Information: gscs.rice.edu.
• Rice University Foreign Language Program and Evening ESL Communication Skills: Placement testing and classes begin in September. Enjoy the personal interaction and small-classroom setting of the Rice Language Programs at Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. Apply today. Information: languages.rice.edu or esl.rice.edu.
• 12th annual Community BBQ Cook-off & Craft Fair: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, 2322 Spring Cypress Road in Spring. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children ages six-12 and children five and under are admitted free. Information: www. holycomforter-springtx.org.
• Huntsville TownCreek Music Festival: 2-9 p.m. at Eastham Thomason Park, Ave. N. Country, gospel, blues and R & B music sponsored by the city of Huntsville. Admission is free. Information: 800-289-0389.
• St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Plantersville Country Bazaar: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Holy Mass at 10:30 a.m. St. Mary’s is in Plantersville between Navasota and Conroe, 2½ miles off Hwy. 105 on FM 1774. Follow the signs to the church. Admission is free. Information: http://www.smsj.org or 936-894-2223.
• Sealy Immaculate Conception Church Bazaar: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Sealy KC Hall, 1310 Hwy. 90 West in Sealy. A bazaar with barbecued beef, pork, chicken and sausage for $9 per plate. Serving begins at 10:30 a.m. Mexican food also available. Live and silent auctions, entertainment, booths, games and rides. Admission is free. Information: 979-885-3868.
• Antiques & Garden Show: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Agricultural Hall, 13035 Hall Road in Cat Spring. Sponsored by Rural Texas Antiques Shows. Admission is $5 for adults, free for children. Information: 979-865-5618.
• HADA Fall Antiques Show & Sale: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 am to 5 p.m. Sunday at the George R. Brown Convention Center, Hall B sponsored by the Houston Antiques Dealers Association. Admission is $10 and coupons are available on the HADA website and in the Houston Chronicle. Information: www.hadaantiques.org.
• Putting the Pieces Together — A Quilt Extravaganza: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at The Stafford Centre, 10505 Cash Road in Stafford. A quilt show with vendors and auction sponsored by the Coastal Prairie Quilt Guild of Texas. Admission is $8 for a two-day ticket; $6 for groups of 10 or more. Information: http://www.cpqg.org or 832-693-2512.
• Autumn Delights: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days in the parking lot of Big Lots/Hobby Lobby at 125 Hwy. 332 West in Lake Jackson. An art and craft show sponsored by Happy Garren Productions. Admission is free. Information: 281-451-7728.
• Heart of Katy Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at Katy High School. Sponsored by the Katy Bengal Brigade and cheerleaders. Admission is free. Information: http://www.khskbbc.com or 832-464-5476.
• Clear Lake Area Home and Garden Show: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Space Center Houston. Sponsored by LHA Events. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for children and includes admission to the show and Space Center Houston. Information: www.clearlakehomeandgardenshow.com.
• Kolache Festival: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Caldwell. A festival with Czech music, kolaches, arts and crafts, booths and food booths and car show sponsored by Burleson County Chamber of Commerce. Admission is free. Information: http://www.burlesoncountytx.com.
• Dripping With Taste Wine & Food Festival: 1-7 p.m. at Texas Hill Country Olive Company, 2530 W. Fitzhugh Road in Dripping Springs. Foodie-tainment festival in the Texas Hill Country sponsored by the Dripping Springs Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau. General admission is $35, Drippin’ Special is $60, $125 for a VIP Pass. Information: http://www.drippingwithtaste.com.
• Shop ’Til You Drop: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Berry Center in Cypress. The ultimate shopping experience sponsored by Cy-Fair Women’s Club (formerly Copperfield Women’s Club). Admission is free. Information: www.cyfairwomensclub.org.
• Gypsy Market: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at 12715 Telge Road in Cypress. A home and gift market. Admission is $5. Information: www.gypsymarket.net.
• Texas Gatorfest: 6 p.m. to midnight Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday at Fort Anahuac Park in Anahuac. Sponsored by the Anahuac Area Chamber of Commerce. Admission is $10. Information: texasgatorfest.com.
• Zydeco Dance, Bazaar and Bingo: 9 p.m. Friday, 11 am to 10 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at 6220 LaSalette Drive. Zydeco dance on Friday, bazaar and bingo Saturday and Sunday sponsored by St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church. Zydeco dance is $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Information: 713-419-1808.
• Polish Harvest Festival: 4-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at 1731 Blalock Road. Children’s activities, arts, crafts, Bier Garden, live music and dance, authentic Polish food and silent auction sponsored by Our Lady of Czestochowa Catholic Church. Admission is $5 per day, children are admitted free and parking is free. Information: www.polishharvestfestival.org.
• Texas Word Wrangler Festival: 9 am to 5 p.m. at the Giddings Public Library. A book festival celebrating Texas authors of all genres. Meet and greet authors. Admission is free. Information: http://www.texaswordwrangler.com or 979-542-2716.
• Huntsville Antique Show: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Walker County Fair Grounds. Sponsored by Memory Merchant. Admission is $5 per person, children under 12 admitted free. Information: http://www.huntsvilleantiqueshow.com.
• Needville Citywide Garage Sale: 8 a.m. to ? 10 miles south of Rosenberg on Hwy. 36. Sponsored by Needville Area Tourist Association and the Needville Economic Development Corp. Admission is free. Information: 979-793-6357.
• Metro Cooking Houston: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Reliant Center. A cooking and entertainment show. General admission is $24.50, packages are available. Information: http://www.metrocookinghouston.com.
• Houston Hot Sauce Festival: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at Stafford Centre, 10505 Cash Road. A fiery foods festival sponsored by HotStuff Inc. Admission is $8 for adults, children ages 12 and under admitted free. Information: http://www.houstonhotsauce.com.
• Septemberfest: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days in the parking lot of TCBY Yogurt, 104 Friendswood Drive at FM 2351 in Friendswood. An art and craft show sponsored by Happy Garren Productions. Admission is free. Information: 281-451-7728.
• Historic Montgomery Wine & Music Fest: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. in historic downtown Montgomery. Discover Texas wines and music hosted by Historic Montgomery Business Association. Admission is free. Wine-tasting package is $20 purchased online in advance, $25 at the gate. Children’s area is $5. Information: www.experiencemontgomery.com.
SEPT. 20 – OCT. 7:
• “The Philadelphia Story”: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday at Unity Theatre 300 Church St., Brenham. Live theater sponsored by Unity Theatre. Admission is $27 per ticket. Information: www.unitybrenham.org.
• Greater Houston Stamp Show: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Humble Civic Center. Sponsored by the Houston Philatelic Society. Admission is free. Information: http://www.houstonstampclub.org.
• Humble Trade Days: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Humble Civic Arena/Expo. Antiques, crafts and collectibles.
Admission is free. Information: www.humblecc.com.
SEPT. 22 – NOV. 25:
• Lone Star Maize and Festival (weekends only): 4-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at 9963 Pooles Road in Montgomery. Sponsored by P-6 Farms. Admission is $10.50 for adults, $8.50 for children ages 4-11 and $8.50 for seniors ages 64 and over. Information: www.p-6farms.com.
• Fall Fling: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days in the parking lot of CiCi’s Pizza at 7140 FM 1960 East in Atascocita. An art and craft show sponsored by Happy Garren Productions. Admission is free. Information: 281-451-7728.
• Garden Faire: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens, 22306 Aldine Westfield Road in Humble. A fall festival sponsored by The Mercer Society. Admission is free. Information: http://themercersociety.org.
• Gulf Coast Classic: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Sam Houston Race Park. A car show, tattoo expo, concert, bike rally and pin-ups sponsored by Gulf Coast Events. Admission is $15-20, children ages 11 and under admitted free. Information: www.gcclassic.com.
• Sugarcane Past: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Abner Jackson plantation site. A historic re-enactment including kids’ crafts and food sponsored by Lake Jackson Historical Museum. Admission is free. Information: http://www.lakejacksonmuseum.org.
• Morton Ranch FFA Craft Show: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 21000 Franz Road in Katy. Sponsored by Morton Ranch High School FFA. Admission is free. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oktoberfest: 4-11 p.m. at 5100 Ella Blvd. Sponsored by Houston Liederkranz & Houston Saengerbund. Admission is $8 for members, $10 for non-members. Information: houstonliederkranz.com.
• Just Shop for a Just Cause: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The MET, Truth Student Building, 12903 Jones Road. A craft market sponsored by Metropolitan Baptist Church. Admission is free. Information: themetonline.org/justshop.
• Touch A Truck: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 17020 West Road, at the corner of Queenston and West Road. An educational, hands-on family event sponsored by St. Cuthbert Episcopal Preschool. Admission is $2 for children. Adults are admitted free. Information: www.stcuthbert.org.
Touch A Truck: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at St. Cuthbert Episcopal Preschool, 17020 West Road @ Queenston, Houston, 77095. This is a hands-on event where kids and adults of all ages can explore and learn about vehicles of all shapes and sizes- from emergency vehicles to construction equipment to really cool cars! For more information contact Preschool Director Lynn Olson at 281.463.1912or email@example.com, or visit our website at http://www.stcuthbert.org and click on the Preschool tab. There is a $2 admission fee for children and adults are free. Thank you to our wonderful corporate sponsors: Trendmaker Homes and Hair Voyager.
• Annual Wendish Festival: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., 1011 County Road 212 in Serbin. Celebrate Wendish heritage with food, music, demonstrations, tours of the museum and painted church sponsored by the Texas Wendish Heritage Society. Admission is free. Information: http://www.texaswendish.org.
• Family and Friends Day Picnic: 1-5 p.m. at First Metropolitan Church. Admission is free. Information: www.firstmet.org.
• Happy Home Conference: Friday evening through Sunday morning at all 5 Second Baptist Church campus locations. A marriage and parenting conference sponsored by Second Baptist Church Houston. Registration is $37.50 per person. Information: www.second.org.
• CT Church Fall Festival & Market: 10 am. to 5 p.m. at 9701 Almeda Genoa Road. A craft fair sponsored by CT Church. Admission is free. Information: ctchurch.tv.
• Day Out With Thomas: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Burnet Community Center. A railroad festival sponsored by Austin Steam Train Association. Admission is $18 for ages two and older for a 25-minute train ride, other activities are free. Information: http://www.austinsteamtrain.org.
• St. Mary’s Fall Gift Market: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 15415 N. Eldridge Parkway, at the corner of Eldridge Parkway and Louetta in Cypress. Kick off your holiday shopping and decorating at this event featuring the tea room offering our famous taco soup, sandwiches and desserts, and the silent auction benefiting church-affiliated projects and outreach. Sponsored by St. Mary’s Episcopal Church. Admission is free. Information: stmaryscypress.org, 281-655-8774 or 713-301-8791.
SEPT. 29 – NOV. 11:
• Dewberry Farm Fall Festival (weekends only): 10 a.m. to dark Saturday, noon to dark Sunday at FM 362 and Morrison Road in Brookshire. Admission is $12, children age two and younger are admitted free. Information: http://www.dewberryfarm.com.
• Harvestfest: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days in the parking lot of Hidden Treasures, 3218 Broadway (FM 518) in Pearland. An art and craft show sponsored by Happy Garren Productions. Admission is free. Information: 281-451-7728.
• St. Joseph Catholic Church Festival: 3-11 p.m. Saturday, noon to 9 p.m. Sunday at 1505 Kane St. at Houston Ave. Admission is free, no coolers allowed. Information: stjosephcch.org.
• St. Christopher Catholic Church 88th Annual Bazaar: noon to 11 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at St. Christopher Catholic Church, 8150 Park Place. Admission is free. Information: Call Celia Puente 713-545-7321 for raffle tickets and information.
• 12th Annual Renewable Energy Roundup & Green Living Fair: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Market Square, 126 West Main in Fredericksburg. A green lifestyle Texas fall festival sponsored by the Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association and Texas Center for Policy Studies. Admission is $15 per day or $25 for a 2-day pass. Information: http://theroundup.org.
• St. Jerome Fall Festival: 3-10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday at St. Jerome Catholic Community, 8825 Kempwood. Carnival games, bingo, arts and crafts, bounce houses and slides, raffle, music, food and beer. Admission is free. Information: www.stjeromefallfestival.com.
SEPT. 28 – OCT. 6:
• LaBahia Antique Show: Opens at 8 a.m. at the LaBahia Hall in Burton. Sponsored by Carol and Roy Schmidt. Admission is free. Information: www.labahiaantiques.com.
• John Knox Presbyterian Church 4th Annual Arts and Crafts Bazaar: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2525 N. Gessner. Admission is free. Information: http://www.jkpc-houston.org or 713-462-5448.
• Bugs, Brew & Barbecue: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the historic depot at 201 Market St. in downtown Tomball. A festival celebrating classic VWs, Texas craft beer and barbecue with live music. Admission and parking are free. Information: http://www.ci.tomball.tx.us.
• The Salvation Army Houston Northwest Women’s Ministry 3rd Annual Arts and Crafts Show: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 12507 Windfern Road. Just in time for holiday shopping. Something for everyone, from the ordinary to the unusual. Join us and shop until you drop. Crafter and vendor spaces are still available for rent. Sponsored by the The Salvation Army Houston NW Corp Women’s Ministry. Admission is free. Information: http://www.salvationarmycraftshow.com or 832-200-4620.
• Sts. Cyril & Methodius Slavic Heritage Festival: 10 a.m. Catholic mass in the small hall, cultural program noon to 6 p.m. in the large hall at Knights of Columbus Hall and grounds, 607 East Whitney Drive. Ukrainian, Polish, Coatian and Czech communities of Houston celebrate Sts. Cyril & Methodius for their contributions to the Slavic people. Festival features Slavic food, live music, folk dancing and singing, and crafts vendors. Sponsored by the Slavic Heritage Alliance of Greater Houston. Admission is $5, children ages 12 and younger admitted free. Information: www.houstonslavicheritagefestival.com.
• Hodges Farm Antique Show and Sale: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 717 Loop 497 in Kenney, which is halfway between Brenham and Bellville. Sponsored by Dawn Hodges and Carol Turner. Admission is $1. Information: 979-865-9077, 979-877-5244 or 979-877-5233.
• South Houston Bible Institute: Classes begin Aug. 27. Serious, once-a-week Christ-centered evening classes in Bible, ministry and personal growth open to all people regardless of race, sex, or religious belief. Tuition-free. Information: http://www.shbi.org or 281-990-8899.
• Slidell Baptist Seminary: Over 9,000 students since 1994 with present enrollment of around 1800 students. A correspondence seminary accredited by AAATI. Affordable tuition. Information: Call 1-800-571-1611 for a free catalog or visit http://www.slidellbaptistseminary.org.
• Country Music Mondays (first Monday of every month): 7:30 p.m. at Giddings High School Cafetorium. Great country music, quality entertainment & helping the community sponsored by the Rotary Club. Admission is $5. Information: http://www.lonestaropry.com.
• Alpha Records Services Inc.: A release of medical information company in Texas. Information: http://www.alpha-records.org or 956-664-0155.
• Branch Out: Selling cypress tree swings, chairs, loveseats, and tables at the Texas State Fair, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Madisonville Mushroom Festival and other events. Information: branchnout.com, 936-291-2329 or 936-661-1294.
For information concerning advertising your event please contact Brenda Van Straten at 713-362-3346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
KENO SIMS playing FREE show in HIRAM CLARKE!!!!
Wednesday, August 1 at 10:00pm at Orem’s Sports Bar