- HCV-Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Wait List Lottery Opens August 20thThe Houston Housing Authority is pleased to announce that we are holding a lottery for spots on the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) and Moderate Rehabilitation waiting lists. We are accepting applications for the lottery from:
8:00 AM on Monday August 20th 2012 through 11:59 PM on Sunday August 26th.
You can only apply online. Applications are not available at any HHA property or office. We will provide a link on this page, our website and our Facebook page when the application is available.
It makes No Difference if you are the first or last to apply; you stand the same chance of being selected for the Waiting List.
Click here to apply.
Click here for more information.Published On: Jul 11 2012 04:57:47 PM CDT Updated On: Jul 11 2012 07:04:50 PM CDT
- We are excited to apply for additional Community Transformation funding through the recently released ‘CTG Small Communities Program’. The small-community investments are part of the Community Transformation Grant (CTG) program, a comprehensive prevention and wellness initiative launched in 2011 by HHS and administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CTG Small Communities program grant funds are for 2 year, focused interventions targeting populations of up to 500,000 in neighborhoods or communities. We have selected four Houston communities in which to focus due to high levels of childhood obesity, high rates of chronic disease, and high poverty levels. They are as follows:
- · Near Northside-5th Ward
- · Northline-Eastex
- · Sunnyside-Greater Hobby
- · 3rd Ward-MacGregor-Gulfgate
As you all know, Houston/Harris County was awarded a 5-year grant under CTG Capacity Building. Capacity building activities will continue as planned throughout the county. CTG Small Communities funding will enhance our capacity building efforts and allow for the demonstration of targeted interventions which could be duplicated city and/or county wide. We will find out in September if we are to receive these additional ‘implementation focused’ funds.
If you have questions regarding the CTG Small Communities Program, please email our Houston/Harris County Community Transformation Initiative, Principal Investigator: Dr. Faith Foreman, email@example.com.
- District B Leadership:
Council Member Jerry Davis will be hosting the monthly District B Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting, Monday, March 19, 2012 at the Kashmere Multi-Service Center at 6:00 PM in the auditorium. If your individual community has a comprehensive plan that outlines how you all would like to see your community in the future please email me a copy. If there is no electronic format of the plan please bring a copy. This meeting will be a working meeting in your committees. We look forward to seeing you all and if there are any immediate needs give us a call here at the office: 832.393.3009